Philippians 4:6 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
Today marks my officially unofficial due date! When I first got pregnant I was due on December 9th, then after the first ultrasound I was moved to December 19th. Then the 18th. Then the 10th. Then after a third ultrasound they decided to keep me at my original due date of December 9th, even though the ultrasound said the baby was measuring to be born around December 12th. Truth is, only God knows and He has the perfect time for this sweet baby to be born! Being in these last stages/days of pregnancy are tough with the lack of sleep and the constant thinking about "when the baby will be born", and the preparing and tying up loose ends. I'm savoring each day with my kiddos and trying to rest as much as possible before I become a mommy to THREE! Wow! I always knew I wanted to have lots of kiddos, but it still amazes me that I've been in this journey of motherhood now for almost 5 years. 3 kids under 5. People ask me if I'm "done" having children after this one... and my heart says no... I've always wanted 5 and I'm praying that the Lord will give us the financial means to raise 5 children.
Our family has had an unbelievably hard year financially and with our living situation that it seems silly to even think about adding to our family, but yet, God knows our needs and has continued to provide for us. We still don't have a place of our own and we are severely cramped in one room, but God is taking care of our basic needs and we are seeking Him and coming to Him daily in prayer as a family for us to have our own house where we can establish roots and have some stability/security for our children and ourselves.
With all the highs and lows of these year, I feel like I've been on a never ending roller coaster at an amusement park that I want to get out of! But, I've learned so much and so many GOOD things have come out of the major struggles that when it comes down to it, I wouldn't change anything. Do I long for more....OF COURSE....and I have so many melt downs emotionally (due to hormones and everything else going on!) and I ask God daily to do major miracles for specific areas of our life.... I'm still waiting, but I know that I serve a faithful God who cares about the things that are important to my family and to me. I serve a God who loves me and has given me desires to raise a family and raise children to be CHRIST-followers.
I am so happy to welcome another sweet blessing into the world.... who will be loved, cherished, and welcomed with open arms into our family! I am thankful for the gift of children and the blessing that they are to me and to my husband. We are truly blessed. Thank you Lord for these precious gifts!
No comments:
Post a Comment