Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas!

With 6 days until Christmas remaining, I am excited for this season of celebrating Jesus' birth! The kids are really enjoying this season and know the true meaning of Christmas. They love all the fun surrounding Christmas as well---the Christmas lights, trees, songs, and crafts. We've gone to a couple Christmas productions and they were mesmerized. It reminds me of how I was when I was a little girl and it was all so magical.
We're still waiting for our baby to arrive... after a wrong due date given to me, I am officially 40 weeks pregnant as of today.... I may just have a Christmas baby! I'm praying that I will not be in the hospital on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.... my time is running short and I'm hoping for the baby to come Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday....or that the baby will wait until Monday (day after Christmas) to make their debut!

With our financial situation we are limited on what we can do gift wise this year....which actually has been a blessing because we're being more focused on what Christmas is truly about and not just going out and buying gifts to get it done. The gifts that we are making/buying are taking time, thought, and creativity. I love to give and the kids are picking up on that as well--always asking to buy a gift for a family member. I love that they are not as focused on what they want, but rather what we can give to others.

One of the gals in our Moms & More lifegroup had a great tradition that she shared with our group. Their family gives 3 gifts out--Gold--Something you want, Frankincense--Something Spiritual, and Myrrh--Something you need. I thought that was such a great and creative way to tie in the story of the Nativity into the act of giving gifts on Christmas.
Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment