Sunday, September 16, 2012

This week: Lentil

 

This week we are "rowing" the book Lentil by Robert McCloseky. This book takes place in a fictional town in Ohio. We will be learning about Patriotism, Ohio, Things of the Past, Musical Instruments, Fractions, and Disagreeable People (this theme made me laugh).

  • Patriotism rings true in our family. My husband, father, father-in-law, grandpa, uncle, and cousin all served in the United States Military. My grandfather essentially lost a lot of his life after his experience in the Korean War. My father-in-law's cancer was due to his exposure of different elements/potential chemicals during his deployments. Both gave up their lives for the freedom of this country. We are proud citizens and love our country. This week we are going to talk about freedom. We are going to commit to praying for our country so that we can continue to have this freedom.

  • I know very little about Ohio so I am looking forward to learning about this state!

  • Things of the Past....Simpler times.

  • Musical Instruments are a hit at our house. Being a former Music Together teacher has been helpful in this arena! I have tons of instruments and music is a very big part of our lives.

  • Fractions using fruit! Pictures to come!

  • Disagreeable People...yep! I know of few of those! ;-)

I really am enjoying this homeschool journey. Yes, it has only been 1 week, but I feel like I am also learning and engaging in the great curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment