What a great day I had celebrating my 30th Birthday. Here is a recap of the day:
Woke up to gifts and cards from my kiddos and my hubby. The kids card said "happy M0th birthday" because the 3 was sideways ;-) too cute. After opening the gifts/cards we headed to breakfast to try Bruxie--a gourmet waffle sandwich. It was delish! I had the Egg, Bacon, and Cheese Waffle Sandwich....YUM! I also splurged and got a cafe mocha.
After breakfast we went to my parent's house and got ready to go to Cyrstal Cove State Beach. I hadn't been there since 4th grade! We got there and had an incredible time. We all felt that we were on a mini vacation and truly away from our usual surroundings. The cute beach cottages, tidepools, and "undeveloped" beaches were magical. We walked for a long time checking out the tidepools and taking in the beautiful day. The kids were so happy seeing the ocean and playing in the sand for hours. I found a beautiful starfish necklace as a souvenier from my sister for my birthday.
After a long day at the beach we all headed back and got showered and ready for dinner. We went to BJs Pizza for dinner and I had all my faves: avocado egg rolls, pepperoni and pineapple pizza, and of course a birthday pizookie! Will was texting throughout dinner....very unlike him and my dad seemed to want to hurry up and get the bill. I didn't take too much notice to this, but it did briefly catch my attention.
We had planned to watch the new Jane Eyre movie at my parent's house after dinner to have a nice relaxing end to the day....or so I thought!!! While we were driving there, Will was still getting text messages and I asked him who was texting him and he said "people...Josh" kinda caught off guard. I probed and asked what he was saying and why he was texting him when I knew that earlier he had said he was in school. Hubby tried to cover it up and say something.... I let it go and then when we got to my parents house we walked to the front door and my dad said he didn't have his house key and asked my mom and brother if they had their key....they all said no and then my dad said "well maybe I left it unlocked" SO COMPLETELY UNLIKE HIM! LOL and at that point I knew something was going on, just wasn't sure what it was. Then my mom guided me first into the house where I was greeted with flashes of light (multiple cameras!) and a chorus of HAPPY BIRTHDAY from all of my favorite friends and family members!!! WHAT A SURPRISE!!! I started piecing everything together from the day and was so shocked! What a great way to end my 30th birthday, with all the people I love in one room wishing me a happy birthday! The house was decorated in a Luau theme (my fave) and there was cake, cheesecake, food, and my mother-in-law's famous egg rolls! My hubby toasted to me and said some very sweet, kind words that brought tears to my eyes. I am so blessed by all the wonderful friends and family in my life. What a great, memorable day!
No comments:
Post a Comment