Hubby is still interviewing, applying, and looking for a full time job in addition to his part time early morning job. This has been such a struggle for us as we are desperately wanting to move forward with our life. We know that God is in control and that He is in charge of our lives, but it definitely doesn't take away how difficult our circumstances are at the moment. We are living day to day, trusting in Him, seeking Him, praying to Him, and struggling with the daily challenges we are currently having. We have sought advice from godly leaders and are being told that we are doing everything "right", but that this is just a trial/challenging situation. We are sooooo ready to move forward and feel settled. To me, that is the biggest challenge---not feeling settled, secure, and stable. Yet despite all of the unsettling feelings, I am feeling blessed to have what we do have. Also, I realize that our challenges would be living like kings for some people in the world. We are also realizing that we don't "need" all the things that we think we need. We have the Lord first and foremost, we have each other, our children, our families, our friends, our church, food, shelter, clothing, etc... We are thanking the Lord for providing us with those needs. In our thankfulness though, we are asking the Lord for a blessing of our own place to live, where we can have our children call it "home" and where we can have some roots and stability. My longings and desires to be a homemaker run deep and it is so challenging to not act upon what is innate in me. My love for decorating and nesting has been placed on hold....for how long? Only God knows.... "Lord I'm gonna trust you" is the song that runs through my head daily. We have wonderful mentors in our life who remind us that "God never wastes pain" and that "every tough situation has a purpose and is preparing you". I'm holding on the end of the rope and hanging on! I know God hears me, and I know that He knows our housing/financial needs. He gives me the strength for each day, but when I start thinking about tomorrow... I get into trouble! One day at a time.... grace for today.....strength for today.... hope for tomorrow.
Psalm 40:1-11
1I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
3And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
4Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
5Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
6Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.
7Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
8I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
9I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest.
10I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.
11Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.
No comments:
Post a Comment