Sunday, October 2, 2011

This and That...

The days and weeks seem to be flying by....October already? I love this time of year. I love anything PUMPKIN! Super excited to bake, sip warm drinks, and visit the pumpkin patch, apple country (Oak Glen), and be festive!


I love that my kiddos are old enough to start appreciating some of the festive things that we are going to be doing. My daughter is loving crafts so much, that it is one of the first things she asks about each morning when she wakes up. I have found some great crafts that tie into our preschool curriculum that she is enjoying.

Some highlights for the upcoming week....

The Letter D! Each week we are focusing on a letter of the week and we talk about what words start with the letter of the week, what foods start with that letter, and then we do a craft. Jordyn is also practicing her letters by writing them both in uppercase and lowercase. She is doing great!

Books we are reading:




For our field trip this week we are heading out to Oak Glen which I call "Apple Country"! We have gone the last couple years and the kids love it.


Menu Plan
Sunday: Pot Roast with Potatoes and Salad (Family Dinner)
Monday: Left Overs
Tuesday: Spaghetti with Garlic Bread
Wednesday: Asian Stir Fry with Rice
Thursday: Tamales and  Spanish Rice
Friday: Pizza
Saturday: TBD

No comments:

Post a Comment