Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pregnancy Update

28 weeks and feeling great!!!

Good news of the week.... I received the test results to see whether or not I have gestational diabetes.... and the results are a resounding NO!!! PRAISE THE LORD!

With my second pregnancy I was shocked and saddened to find out that I had gestational diabetes. Fortunately, I did not have to take any insulin and it was completely controlled through a very strict diet that I followed. My son was born an even smaller weight than my daughter and he was completely fine. Thank the Lord for that! When I found out I was pregnancy with baby #3, my first concern was the gestational diabetes since almost all of the time, if you had it before, you get it again. Even your chances for type 2 diabetes goes up if you have gestational diabetes, but thank God I do not have it this time!!! YAY!! :)

Now my hope for a natural birth will be one step closer to becoming a reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment