Friday, November 11, 2011

Memories

I had a really nice conversation with my Grandma yesterday. We spoke for almost 2 hours on the phone and she told me of the homes she lived in growing up and the details of each house. I was trying to think of details from my own childhood (not THAT long ago) and I already find that certain memories are fading or I can't remember specific details. I think that it may be due to my prego brain right now and that I still haven't gotten a full nights rest in over 4 1/2 years... I'm hoping that I will have TIME to remember the things of childhood, even small details. I know that speaking with family members helps to recall things and remember details and events. When my brother and I talk about being kids we laugh and recall all sorts of funny and fun times. He remembers things that I don't, and I remember things that he doesn't. The conversation with my Grandma struck a chord and reminded me of how it is nice to sometimes just be still and think and reminisce about the memories of our lives. Here she is at 80 and is telling me fun stories that still bring laughter to her voice.

Also yesterday, I came across pictures that my Grandpa (a Korean War Veteran) has kept all his life. Many of the pictures are from his time in Korea. He never speaks of the war and is suffering from PTSD, but I found it interesting that all these years he has kept these photos as a memory of a traumatic time in him life. He is 84 and in an assisted living facility and doesn't really recognize me anymore. We've never been close so it's hard to ask him about his life. Other photos I came across are of distant relatives of whom I know nothing.... This also made me think of how life goes by so quickly and we forget people who are own family from not that long ago!

Our impact for the Lord by living a life of service to Him and our relationships with others are so important! I want to leave a legacy for my children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren.... I want to recall memories for them of what the Lord has done in my life.... I want the Lord's name to be exalted in my family's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment